Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Teachers are designers even before they become a teacher. Teachers become designers by develping a lesson plan each week. They also have to think of how to design new ideas to helping kids learn in an effect way.

iStop Motion is a software that enables designers as young  as elementary students to use. It lets them create a little video and can compose animations frame by fream with its easy-to-learn application. Even though I will be teacher Theater to high schoolers I still think I could use this my classroom. The reason is because they can shot a video of a play show it to the other students and it might help them understand the play a little better. Though I think you could use this software in any class.

"Digital Storytelling" by Kate Kemker is an article offering insturctions on using technology to create a story. It tells about the proccess of creating a story on paper, the filming the video, and editing a piece. I would love to try this idea with Theater the reason is cause if we are reading about  William Skakespeare the kids can put it in thier own words so they can understand it. I would put them in groups to help the process of it though.

Making math seem more real will be excellent help for kids. I know that when I was learing math I had a hard time with it. So visualing help a little for me, though we didnt have some software that could help me understand it better. Like Visual Geometry With Geometric Supposer is one of the best-known visualizational tools. It allows students to choose a primitive shape and construct it by defining points, segments, parallels or perpenduculars, bisectors, or angles. This would have helped me a great deal. I think this will make math more real to students.

I think it is possible to learn from tv alone now in days. The reason is because kids now have tv programs that will help them learn and dvds and all that to help them. Though I think you can learn a little if they didnt have all the help that they do know. My mom used to watch a show called School House Rock and it was just a cartoon show that taught in a fun way. Though I think kids now can learn from tv alone but I would suggest it. Cause the tv can't give them all the information that they need.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment: