Friday, September 10, 2010

What I think about Blogs

What do I think about Blogs? Well first off I never really understood what a blog was and why anyone would want to use it. Though now since I have seen the video and have read up on it some I think blogs can be very helpful. It also let people know how the person they are following doing or what will be coming up for them.
I think blogs can be useful in education. Cause in the book they had a teacher who uses blogging for students to share and build understanding on a topic and then talk about it class. Their are all sorts of ways blogs can be used in education. Teachers can post blogs that they didnt have time for in class. They can even use it for extra credit.
Well I can understand if they are writing about something else instead of what the teacher wants them to that would be a waste of time. But if they are writing what the teachers want them to I think that it isnt a waste of time. Cause they can do homework while the teacher is still there so if they have any problems they can ask. Or they can ask other students for help or see what they wrote about in there blog to get an idea.
To help my students when I become a teacher I will use whatever means I can to help them learn. I think using the Wiki will be a good idea for projects and to help kids to develop their own versions of Wikipedia. I will even tell them to use blogs to talk to each other about a topic.

1 comment:

  1. I aloso think that blogs can be very helpful in the classroom. The possibility for students to be able to share ideas freely without having to worry about the emediate felling of humiliation from others in the class may actually promote the shy students to open up and share their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete